Friday, July 24, 2009

Moving to Lynden, WA

Location, Lynden, WA

This morning I stowed all the extra outdoor gear in the truck and trailer and unhooked all the hoses, cables, etc, in preparation for moving north. I returned the cable box to the office along with a thank you card for all their help in finding us a parking place for the 6 weeks we were there. It may have been close quarters but the park is well kept and the managers were helpful and friendly. We had good TV coverage with the cable box and fairly good Wifi for internet coverage most of the time. Can’t ask for more than that.

I left the park at 10:05 and arrived in Lynden at Hidden Village RV Park at 11:45. The park had assigned me a spot a few weeks ago when we stopped by so all I had to do was pay for the next 8 days. Our spot is under a tree which meant the roots caused one side to be high so I had to block up the other side to get level. I moved the rig forward so the solar panels would be mostly in the sun. The tree will provide shade for the back of the rig which should really help over the next week as the temperatures are supposed to be high.

After I got everything connected I ate lunch then tackled a job I have been putting off. The vanes on the back of the roof air conditioner were all smashed flat. It took me a long time to figure out how they got that way but I think it happened when we had the rig washed in Yuma in March. They used a high pressure wand to clean the roof and also swiped it across the AC unit. The solution is to use a kitchen butter knife to straighten the tabs as they are very flimsy aluminum. So far today I have about 1/3 opened up. If I don’t do this and run the AC it could over heat the compressor. We have a lot of hot weather coming up and need to run the AC.