Thursday, September 13, 2012

Upcoming surgery.


Location, at Home, CA

I read the last post about “still getting beans from the garden” and laughed as we are still getting beans from the garden. I bet we picked 150 lbs of beans from that short two row plot. They are pole beans but still, that is a lot. Every time I pick I think they may only be a few more but it goes on. I need to pick again today.

I have been having a few problems which I finally concluded was gall stones. I had an attack in December, one in February and one about 2 weeks ago. I went to see my doctor and he ordered an ultra sound for me. Yeayup! It showed a one centimeter stone sitting down on my bile duct which is causing the problem.

On Tuesday I saw the surgeon and started the process for surgery. I have a pre-op meeting tomorrow and surgery is scheduled for Monday afternoon. I most likely will remain in the hospital overnight because of the lateness of the surgery and be released Tuesday morning.

I want this done an over with before our 50th anniversary in October. I want to be able to eat and drink without discomfort on the cruise.

I will keep everyone posted after the operation.