Thursday, December 6, 2018

Some catching up to do.


I am way behind on the blog so some catching up is in order.

Better late than never I guess.

August 23, 2018

On August 23rd I flew to Wisconsin for 2 weeks to visit family and attend my All High School Reunion where I was the after dinner presenter. More on that later.

The 23rd was a Thursday and on the previous Monday I had local surgery to remove 2 kidney stones. As as result of the surgery, a urinary stent was installed. This stent gave me problems all during my time in Wisconsin. In fact, I had my brother Ray take me to the Emergency Room on the Sunday after I arrived while visiting my sister Judy. They didn’t find any problems so I wasn’t admitted.

During my time there I visited all the local cemeteries and photographed family head stones for my Genealogy files. I had done this 3 years ago but somehow my photos all were compressed which made them unusable for most purposes.

Prior to the All School Reunion we had a gathering of all the cousins at a local bar and restaurant which was really great as some of us had not been together for 50 years. It was especially nice to have cousin Larry there from Connecticut. My brothers Denny and Ray and my sister Judy and husband Art as well as cousins Marlene and Bob were there as well.

After the dinner at the All School Reunion I gave a presentation about my Uncles tavern at Dorchester corner. The building had been demolished 3 years previously as the highway department declared it a hazard to traffic. As the highway was widened over the years the road came closer and closer to the building. There was a lot of history connected to that building.

I finished my presentation with a brief history of the families who lived around me when I grew up and told my audience how many of us were related through those early families.

I arrived home on September 5th after visiting my cousin Janice in Menominee Falls, WI and then spending the night nearby on the 4th.

Unfortunately, the only photos I have for this trip are of gravestones, which now need to be entered into my family history.

On Monday the 10th I had the Urinary stent removed which took care of a lot of my problems.