Thursday, March 6, 2008

Yard Work

Location, Home

For the past 3 days I have been cutting the Heavenly Bamboo and digging around each plant along the rear fence in preparation for removing them. I ran all of the cuttings through the shredder and will put them (2 garbage cans full) out for the green recycling program. I don’t want to spread them in my garden as mulch with the chance they will reseed as they can propagate from cuttings and seeds.

Today my neighbor Paul came over with his tractor and we pulled the stumps out along with a few other plants that need removing. It made a really tough job soooo much easier.





I spent the afternoon knocking as much dirt off the stumps as I could. I think I will need to haul all those stumps to the dump

All of this exercise, which I definitely am not used to requires lots of rest breaks. Still, I am surprised at how much I have gotten done in a few days.