Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Staining fence boards, finally

Location, At Home

On Saturday we drove to Ventura and on the way stopped at a few places to check on fence stain. Still no luck finding what I want. We also stopped at two quilt shops for Clyda but she didn’t find what she was looking for either.

We picked up flowers in Ventura and put them on her parent’s grave and her aunt and uncles grave at the cemetery.

We met Roger for lunch at Brophy Brothers seafood restaurant at the Ventura harbor. We beat the lunch crowd and I had a nice plate of Calamari rings.

Clyda shopped at Macy’s while I browsed Barnes and Noble for an hour. I didn’t find anything I really needed so we drove home.

I watched a lot of golf this weekend. The US Open was just too good of a match to pass up. I only saw the last three holes of the playoff round on Monday plus the sudden death hole. Quit a match.

Tuesday I found the stain I am going to use on the fence. It isn’t exactly what we used 3 years ago but I think it will work just fine.

I started staining fence boards today. The weather is quit warm so the boards should dry fast. This will be a several day job as I only have so much room to lay the boards out to do the staining.

My stack of boards to stain. They have been drying here since January.



One side stained.