Sunday, June 28, 2009

First nice weekend

Location, Everett, WA

With the weather shaping up for a nice weekend we planned to do a few things today. Clyda wanted to go towards down town Seattle and walk in Woodland Park and I wanted to stop at a used book store I found on-line. I mentioned that today (Saturday) might be a good day to have lunch at McCormick & Schmick’s Harborside Restaurant on Lake Union. Clyda wanted to eat there so she could take a photo across the lake of The Cancer Care Alliance building that Candi goes to each day.



As it was late morning when we left the RV Park we decided to eat first then walk. Getting to the restaurant was easy as we took the same route that Clyda and Candi travel each day to the cancer center only just a little more around Lake Union. This is not something I would do during the week with my pick-up as it is just to big to make all the short turns into the parking lot.

We ate in the bar and had fish and chips which were excellent. A nice view out the window of float planes taking off and lots of very pricey yachts with several ladies sunning on the decks. Very nice.

After lunch we continued around Lake Union into a traffic nightmare. Nothing was moving. Eventually we progressed a mile or so into another mess. It turns out that several events were going on which made a mess of traffic. We gave up on the idea of walking in Woodland Park and drove north on Hwy 99 to find the bookstore.

Seattle street naming convention defies logic until you have been here several years, I swear, so finding the book store took some time. Find it we did and bought a few books.

On Sunday we shopped for vegetables at a nearby stand, actually a store I guess. We wanted to walk some where so drove to Silver Lake, a 102 acre lake across I-5 from us. We took a round-about way and once again, got lost in the mix of roads that went no where. Eventually, I got on the I-5 and took a road I knew went to the lake. We walked part way around the lake on the walking path before coming back to the RV.