Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Geting settled in

Location - Everett, WA

Now that I have a computer again, I find my days taken up by it. I can send emails and surf the web but I don’t have access to many of the programs I normally use as the CD’s which contain those programs are at home. I have the tools but not the drivers for the hardware. I need to see if they are available on-line I guess.

This morning I went shopping. I am finding my way around the area and almost every thing we need can be found within 5 miles. The traffic however can be daunting around noon and later. There is no such thing as a square grid of roads here as they run in all directions, intersecting and crossing everywhere.

Tomorrow I need to move the RV to our permanent spot. The park is very full with extra vehicles parked where ever they can at night. Lots of people here work during the day so vehicles leave early in the morning. Still, it really is quit quite most of the time. We are just glad that they could accommodate us as there isn’t really any place else to stay that would offer us the amenities we have in this area and the easy access to the freeway and the cancer clinic where Clyda’s sister Candi needs to go every day.

We opted for a cable box so we could get more TV channels. There is no charge for it just a deposit which will be returned when we leave. Even with the extra channels there still isn’t much on TV.

As time allows and depending on how Candi is doing, we will explore the surrounding area.