Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas is past.

Location, Home, CA

We had a very nice Christmas Day at niece Chelsea and husband Steve’s house yesterday. While most of us relaxed and enjoyed the day, poor Steve was stuck in the kitchen cooking. He did a really good job and with ham and all the goodies to go with it.

We all got way to much stuff as usual but it is still fun to open all those presents. My wardrobe was improved immensely so now I need to clean out the closet to make room. It is about time that happened as some of the old clothes have been around for many a year.

We were back home by 7:15 or so last night.

In my last post I mentioned the possibility of purchasing a new quality slide scanner. Well I did find what I wanted at Amazon.com at a reduced price so ordered it. It came on Wednesday so I have had time to play with it some. So far, it looks like it will make very nice copies of those old slides. I scanned some from 1966 and then tweaked them a little to bring out the original color. They look really good!!!. I do need to play with some of the features to find the best way to scan and store those thousands of slides I have.

We are supposed to get some rain tonight but right now the sky looks like it is clearing. Time will tell.