Monday, January 3, 2011

Ready to hit the road.

Location, Home, CA

Just a short post before I hit the road tomorrow for Las Vegas, NV with an overnight stop at Boron, CA. Staying in Boron may be a bad choice as the temperature will be around 20 degrees with snow. I need to look at the Cal-Trans website tomorrow morning to see if the Grapevine (I-5) is open or still closed to high profile vehicles.

We had more rain overnight so now have had a total of 15.7 inches since December 17th. That is above our usual total for the year which is about 14 inches.

I have the RV all loaded but still need to load the bed of the truck in the morning. I plan to leave by 10 AM.

I downloaded the necessary software to the NetBook so I can use my Droid phone to access the internet. I will use it in a pinch if no WiFi is available. I can get emails and do searches now with the Droid but it is so much easier using the NetBook to do real emails.