Friday, October 5, 2012

Bringing the blog up to date.



Location, at Home, CA

The after effects of my gall bladder surgery have been nonexistent. The healing has gone well for the four holes they poked in me.

In a few weeks Clyda and I will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. To that end we have been planning a party with our friends to celebrate the occasion. It just so happens that the party is on our 50th anniversary and so we have invited about 75 people to the event. We are not going overboard with this but wanted a gathering of friends to help us celebrate.

It will be at a local restaurant as we don’t have room for that many people at our house. Besides, there would be no place for everyone to park on our street.

I think we have all the details firmly in hand with only a few remaining details to do and some last minute items to buy.

We will have family staying with us and several others will stay with mutual friends nearby so it will all work out.

Monday I need to take the truck in for a smog check. It really frosts me that I have to pay $70 for a smog check on a diesel pickup. I expect the state put this law in place because diesel owners weren’t paying there share as regular car owners pay. The only thing they check is to see if you have tampered with the computer by adding a high performance chip. It bums me out.