Saturday, March 16, 2013

At home with lots of work to do.



Location, Home, CA

We have been home for a few days and of course there is a lot of work to do.

The RV needs a real good cleaning from top to bottom both inside and out. I have started on the inside both cleaning and removing clutter that has accumulated over the years. Mostly it is things that we have rarely used or not used at all.

So far I have the bedroom done and the majority of the bathroom done. I need to caulk some seams in the bathroom next. I am not rushing on this but going over every inch of the rig, cleaning, fixing, and tightening things as I go.

Meanwhile, Clyda has been weeding in the yard. With a little rain the oxalis grows everywhere and that is a big problem. The asparagus bed looks good and we are getting asparagus. I think Craig did some weeding in that bed. The boysenberry bed looks good for now. I chopped all the weeds under the orange and lime trees today. 

 Oxalis, the bain of spring.

Cymbidiums in bloom.

Yesterday I replaced the kitchen faucet with a new one. The old faucet was a carry over from before the kitchen remodel. It had a handle that was too heavy for the cartridge which meant the handle would shut the water off if it was only turned on a little. It also sprang a leak along a seem at the top when hot water was turned on.

The new faucet is a high rise with a sprayer in the head which is retractable and a single control handle on the side. It came from the local big box store and includes a lifetime warranty. The sprayer pulls out far enough to fill a large pot sitting next to the sink. Very handy I think.