Thursday, April 9, 2009

This and that.

Location, Home, CA

We had rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. Not a lot (0.4 inch) but it all helps. Before the rain on Tuesday I dug under the new flower bed border to get a drip line for the new plants. The ground was sooo HARD. It took some doing to get a hole big enough for the plastic line to go through. I got it all done and the tools put away just as it started to rain.

I want to take down the remaining fence next to the patio and replace it. There is a wood shed behind that fence which has a small amount of wood and other things like propane tanks, BBQ’s, etc in it but I am waiting for the next rain day to pass. That is supposed to happen tomorrow so today I removed some of the accumulation of misc items in the shed and things hanging on the fence like Craig’s lobster floats. Hopefully on Saturday I can remove the fence. I want to take it up to Ranchero Visitadores and burn it.

Speaking of Rancheros, I talked to my boss the other day and found out that all activities will take place in the back country this year. That means our gate will be very busy on Friday as everyone arrives and picks up their packets and credentials.

We do have a problem as Mike who worked with us last year and fit right in with the rest of us has cancer. He started chemo-therapy this week. Real Bummer!!!