Monday, September 28, 2009

Progress on the woodshed.

Location, Home, CA

I let a few days get away from me without posting to the blog it seems but I have been rather busy. We got everything moved back into the house and the freezer back in the garage after the tenting was done.

I picked up the steel for the woodshed roof. It cost more than I expected but it is heavy duty and will hold up well. I started to make some cuts in the steel but decided to wait until Craig had time to really set me up for cutting, etc. That all happened on Friday. I got the outside frame for the roof completed and screwed together.

Cutting steel.

Saturday I started working on the rafters. I also fiber glassed the AC cover for the RV. There were cracks around some of the screws and a few short cracks near the bottom of the cover. I used a 2 inch wide fiberglass mat as a stiffener.

Sunday was a day of rest. We went to Jazz at the Elks club in the afternoon and dinner at Lee and Peg’s house after. It was a very nice Sunday.

Today I finished cutting the rafters and screwed down the two end ones as they will attach to the support posts. I completed digging the holes for the posts in ground as hard as concrete. It is all hard pan and adobe soil in my side yard.

I mixed a 90 lb bag of cement for each hole and aligned the posts as I went. Tomorrow I will finish screwing down the rafters.

Framework done and posts cemented in.

I bought all the hardware to attach 2x4’s to the posts so it will all look like my existing fence. That hardware was EXPENSIVE. I also bought the pressure treated 2x4’s stingers for the walls. I still need to buy roof material.