Friday, August 27, 2010

Moving on.

Location, Home, CA

I have not felt like posting this week. All my energy has been used in getting Craig out of here and on the road to Burning Man. Not that I was actively involved most of the time but his stuff was scattered all over the yard, garage, and back yard for days. He finally crammed the last item in the truck and trailer and left about 4 PM. As usual, he will drive all night. It doesn’t make me happy but the peace and quite are worth it. Too much negative energy when he is here.

I also need to get my act together for my trip to Wisconsin on Monday. I think I have most of it under control. I am trying to get by with as little as possible. However, I decided I needed to take my GPS and my Ipod. No computer on this trip. Clyda is using the Netbook most of the time now anyway.

I will be traveling all day as I leave at 6:30 AM and don’t arrive in Chicago until 5:45 PM after flying all around the country. So much for a FREE ticket! From Chicago I have about a 5 hour drive to Wausau, WI which puts me there about midnight.

I stripped most of the software off my old Dell notebook including McAfee Security System and several other software packages that reside on my other computers. I then installed Microsoft Security Essentials which is free, to do the things that McAfee was doing. Time will tell how this works out.