Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Same old, same old.

Location, Home, CA

Finally, sunshine when we woke up on Monday. It even lasted all day. Yesterday, back to the same oldroutine, overcast and drizzle with some sun later on the day. The temperature remains in the low 60’s for the most part. I hear that farmers in the central valley of California are complaining that it isn’t hot enough for fruit and vegetables to ripen. Weird weather.

Not much has changed here. Clyda is still on crutches but has a doctor’s appointment tomorrow. I doubt if he will give her the ok to abandon the crutches just yet.

I worked some more on the rain gutters today. Actually, I moved the collection barrels into place so I can work on the downspouts. It is a bigger job than I planned on. Aren’t they all?

I was sitting here trying to remember what I have done for the last 2 weeks. I drew sort of a blank for a while. Then I remembered that I had repaired a flat screen monitor that I had gotten from Budd and Brenda’s daughter Julie. A little internet browsing mentioned that a series of capacitors had been faulty and would likely be leaking. After I completely removed the circuit board I found that to be so, two leaking capacitors. I bought new ones at Radio Shack, replaced them and the monitor now works. I hooked it up to my old Dell laptop while I was scanning old slides to make sure it would work after warming up for several hours. Very nice picture and it also has 2 speakers built in.

I am also working on an HP printer from Julie. This one has been more work. I can’t get the driver software to install on my computer. Also, it won’t print so either the cartridges are dry or the ink is dried in the printer. I need to spend more time with it.