Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nice weather for a change.

Location, Home, CA

It is warm tonight. It beats the usual fog which shows up at this time of day.

Last Saturday we drove to Newport Beach at the invitation of friends and stayed at their Marriott Timeshare. It is a beautiful coast line. We had a great time. We drove back here on Tuesday evening after the traffic rush had passed. We still had slowdown from the airport to the top of Sepulveda Pass but made it home in 3 ½ hours. I do hate driving in all that traffic but it is the shorted way to go.

Yesterday we drove North with a car load of friends and visited another friend who just had hip surgery 3 weeks ago. She is doing really well. Clyda had made a pot of Greek Chili for lunch, another friend took bread, and another brought dessert. We ate on the patio as it was such a nice day.

Today I worked on the shelves in the wood shed. I used steel studs as the framework. It turned out well so I put all my lumber on the shelves this afternoon. Another thing I can scratch off my to-do list.

I made a new recipe for dinner tonight. It was chicken breast stuffed with stuffing and covered in a mushroom sauce. Very tasty. I am thinking about doing this for my desert trip. Also, made a corn salad with walnuts and feta cheese. It was very good.