Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Craig's surgery.

Location, At Home, CA

We drove back from Bouse, AZ on Monday. It was a 7 hour trip with less than moderate traffic through Los Angeles. Our route was I-10 from Arizona to the I-210 through Pasadena to the I-5 and then Hwy 126 to the coast.

We did have some wind from Blythe to Palm Springs but that is usual for this road. Even with the wind we averaged 20.5 MPG because of the Gear Vendors drive shaft splitter.

The back seat was really loaded as there were reports of rain along the coast so I didn’t put anything in the bed of the truck except the dirty laundry in garbage bags.

Craig had his back surgery this morning. He and Clyda left the house before 6 AM and didn’t return until 3 PM. It was out-patient surgery which went well but he needed to stay for a lengthy antibiotic IV before he could come home. Craig said the pain was gone when he woke up so that is good. He was in a good mood tonight as it is the first time he has been pain free in a long time. He still has back issues which will remain with him for the rest of his life but for now, all is good.

I picked the first asparagus of the season today. There is enough for Clyda and I for dinner.

I wrap the cut ends in paper towel and wet it before putting it in the refrigerator. It keeps for several days by doing this.