Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Moving forward, slowly.

Location, At Home, CA

It looks like I am a little behind on the blog although there isn’t much happening right now.

I am putting things together for my annual foray with Ranchero Visitadores which starts for me next week. There have been some setbacks this year as my boss for the last several years passed away suddenly last October from a massive heart attack. This was very unfortunate and really threw a wrench in the works.

My first boss from years ago stepped in to help out. I thought I had a full crew but found out in February that one of my guys who worked the midnight to 8 AM shift was in a convalescent home and not expected to live.

Other arrangements were made to cover his absence and until recently that’s where things stood. A few weeks ago I called his house to see how he was doing and his wife said “Why don’t you ask him” and handed him the phone.

It is like a miracle as he is doing well and wanted to work so I made arrangements with my boss for him to work his usual midnight shift. It really relieves me of several responsibilities for which I am grateful. Miracles still do happen!

Next Monday I will go up and mow the grass where we park our RV’s. If we don’t do that we get all the foxtails in our socks and also track them into the RV’s. I also will take up the boards from my patio cover over the rear patio. It is time to replace it and Rancheros is a good place to burn the wood in our nightly camp fires.

I am adding a few recent photos taken on my morning walk. The roses are in the parkway  around the corner from our street.





I love the water beads on this ornimental grass.

This ceonothus is in a planted area near a wall. It grows wild on the mountains behind us and makes the hill look grey when all are in full bloom.