Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sad news.

Location, At Home, CA

My blogging has taken a beating since my last post. On Friday May 20th about 11:30 in the evening, Clyda received a phone call from an ER doctor in Ventura. She was told that her brother was in the ER in an “addled state” and unable to communicate with them.

The long and short of it is that her brother passed away Sunday morning with the immediate family there. It was a tough, sad two day vigil. A life ending short of it’s time.

The following week was taken up with funeral arrangements, picking up people at the airport, preparing remarks for the service (I and my brother-in-law) spoke, and family staying with us. Thanks to all the neighbors bringing food, we had few meals to prepare.

A formal service for the family will happen in June when more family members will be here for a planned reunion.

In the meantime, life goes on. I am still picking boysenberries. Today it was 13.5 baskets.

Yesterday, Memorial Day, I walked the local golf course during the City Championship. It wouldn’t be Memorial Day without it. I admit I was sore by the time I reached the 17th green from climbing all the hills. However, I had no problem doing my usual 3.3 mile walk this morning.