Thursday, February 4, 2016

Clyda is here.

I moved over the mountain (hill) last Tuesday afternoon to Jack and Judy's lot South of Bouse. They weren’t here as they were in San Diego helping her father clean out some stuff from his house. I got parked by myself which isn't real easy as I needed to back in next to their shed without hitting utilities, etc.

On Wednesday morning I drove to Parker to the Safeway store for groceries. I had last shopped in Las Vegas except for a few items from the local store in Quartzsite. The one thing the Quartzsite store does have is a good butcher shop and good meat. I bought 2 small filet's and BBQ'ed them on Friday night for Clyda's arrival dinner.

On Thursday I did laundry all morning and gave the rig a good cleaning in the afternoon. Friday morning I drove to the Phoenix airport and picked up Clyda after her 1 hour plus flight. We stopped on the West side of Phoenix for lunch before driving back.

I had filled up with diesel on the way to Phoenix and again when I got back and using the Gear Vendors Over/under drive at 75 MPH (posted speed) I got almost 22 MPG. Not bad!

Since Clyda has been here we haven't done much as it is really cold with a bite to the wind. We also had a wind, rain, lightning and hail storm Sunday night.

Today we went in to Quartzsite for lunch and so Clyda could do some shopping. There is not much there right now. Most vendors have left already. They did not have a good year as the weather didn't cooperate and many Canadians stayed away due to the difference between our and their dollar. For every US dollar they spend it costs 1.5 Canadian dollars. That is a steep price to pay.

Tomorrow the guys will go ATV riding and the ladies will go to a quilt show.