Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Things are moving forward.

Location, Home, CA

I have been lazy this past week about writing. Nothing too much going on. I have been getting all the paper work needed for our upcoming cruise completed. Goodness has the amount of paper work increased since our last cruise several years ago. Also, clothes are an issue. It seems we just don’t have all the clothes required for this cruise. I guess the Levis, and old spotted shirts we usually wear around here just won’t do. I hope it is all worth it in the end.

This week I pruned the boysenberries of all the suckers that naturally grow. These need to be cut off until the berries ripen as they take nutrients from berry production. There are a lot of blossoms and also a lot of bees which is really good.

I planted some squash seeds in bedding pots. Actually, way more than I need for our use but I will pick the best plants to put in the garden later.

I have been researching new cell phones as both Clyda and I need new phones. The batteries on ours are getting tired. Besides which, Verizon keeps sending us coupons for new phones. I really like the new Motorola Droid with all the apps from Google and the fact that it has unlimited email. That would certainly solve some of our email problems while on the road.

I have been looking at airline fares for this fall instead of driving the RV for our nieces wedding. Flying means a rental car and hotel room so I don’t know if the tradeoff is worth it yet. I also looked at airfares to go see my folks sometime this summer. Money, money money!!!!

I shouldn’t complain too much as I will be getting quite a chunk of change back from Uncle Sam this year. Yup, taxes are done and will be mailed tomorrow. That’s a good feeling! Not the taxes but just getting them over with.