Monday, September 20, 2010

Location, Home, CA

I picked the winter squash from my garden today. Most of the vines had already dried up so I felt it was time. They are some kind of Turban Squash as you can tell by the light colored turban shape on the flower end of the squash.



I had expected them to be green in color which they were when they first formed but soon turned to orange. Looking up winter squash on the internet comes up with many varieties. All very interesting. I will cook one soon.

Not much else going on. I continue to work on the fall trip. I think I have a better handle on who will be where and when. At least enough to make the food assignments. We won’t need to cook often but there will be 8 to 10 each time for dinner. Some people may have a problem with that but it also means way less meals we need to cook which I like.