Friday, April 26, 2013

A little pain along the way.



Location, Home, CA

I had a few bad days a week ago. I woke up at 4 AM with extreme abdominal pain. By 5 AM I woke Clyda up and asked her to take me to the ER. I was quickly diagnosed with a kidney stone. A shot of pain killer really helped and a quick CT scan showed only one stone and it was near my bladder so it should move out shortly.

Well, no such luck. I made another quick trip to the ER for pain meds last Saturday and have had no pain since. My doctor thinks I have passed the stone. I have been drinking lots of fluids and adding a squeezed lemon wedge to the water. Hopefully that will dissolve any future stones.

Gate guard duty is coming up next week so I have been getting things ready to go. I will go mow the grass on Monday and take the RV up Tuesday afternoon. As usual, trying to anticipate what groceries they will give me and what I need to take from here occupies much of my time.

We have had so little rain this year that I am afraid we may not be able to have a night fire. Without a fire the night shift is really long and cold.