Wednesday, July 31, 2013

More canning in processs.



Location, At Home.

A little catch-up is in order.

Clyda’s sister Candi left for home today. I think she enjoyed her stay. I know she and Clyda were busy all week as the car was rarely in our drive way.

We are still canning cucumbers. I’ve lost track of how many pints and quarts we have done. Today I started a batch of freezer pickles. They are sliced and need to sit in the refrigerator with salt sprinkled on them over night. Tomorrow I will heat vinegar and sugar plus a few spices to pour over them and then they sit in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 days. We will put them in jars and then the freezer on Saturday or Sunday. The first batch we made sure was good. We have already eaten one jar.

I still have more cucumbers in the RV refrigerator which are nice and small and would make good dill pickles if I could only find some dill. Hard to find right now.

Tomorrow I need to renew my driver’s license. At my age, it requires a written exam and an eye test. I will wait until later in the day and hope the line isn’t too long.

Lots of other stuff going on but I will wait until some things get resolved before I report on them.