Sunday, September 14, 2014

Surviving the heat.



Location, At Home

Back from a week of camping with friends in Pismo Beach. Too much good food and lots of games played. Great time was had by all.

On the way home we dropped the trailer off in Lompoc so the damage to the body from the tire blowout can be repaired. The long lead item (21 days) is the fiberglass fender. It should be ordered Monday.

We stayed in Lompoc and had dinner with friends before driving home after dark. I don’t drive much after dark as there is no need for it normally so I was extra aware as I drove home.

The weather here is warm to say the least. Temps are in the mid-80s with higher than normal humidity. We also have clouds reminiscent of summer monsoons in Arizona. I doubt if it will rain however, but sure wish it would.

It is really dry here and the lawns look terrible as most people have stopped watering. I intend to keep our fruit trees watered as I don’t want to lose them. I have the barrels hooked up to catch the wash machine output and I hope to water the most needed parts of the lawn. We would like to remove the lawn in back but that requires a lot of work and lots of money to do what we want.

Maybe El Nino will happen this winter. Who knows?