Tuesday, July 12, 2016

We are in Hoodsport, WA.

We are camped at Rest-A-While RV Park just north of Hoodsport on the Hood Canal. It has been several years since we last camped here and it looks like there has been a change of ownership which appears to be for the good. What did surprise me is the lack of campers during the week. Usually getting a reservation here was iffy in the summer months but not this time. Almost empty park.

Sunday was a very long day for us. We got up at 4:45 AM to drive to BIL Mark’s house and then out to niece Dawn’s house so we could take her car down to Bremerton for the day. It was awful early to get Dawn’s 9 month old daughter Samantha up but our goal was to catch the 8:50 AM ferry from Edmonds to Kingston. From the ferry we drove to nephew Michael and wife Lizzie’s house and had about a half hour before driving to the Calvary Chapel in Silverlake for the 11AM service at which their son Mathias was dedicated.
Edmonds ferry

Prior to the sermon the pastor called Michael, Lizzie, and Mathias to the front and holding Mathias, he dedicated him to God. During all this Mathias was perfect, no crying, just taking it all in. Outstanding for a 6 month old.
Mathias and the pastor.
Michael and Lizzie.

Attending the service also were Lizzie’s parents and Grand Parents. Quite a family representation for the little guy.

After the service we went back to Michael’s house for a BBQ and a birthday celebration for Michael.

About 3 PM we collected everything and everybody and headed for the ferry again. This time we elected to catch the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle as the Kingston ferry likely would require us to wait at least 2 ferries before we could board because of the Sunday traffic. Thank goodness for Smart phones as we could check ferry traffic before we left the house and also check freeway traffic in Seattle. All went according to plan and we made the 4:20 ferry for the 1 hour trip.
Seattle skyline from the Bremerton ferry.

Clyda, Dawn, Samantha, and Mark waiting to leave the ferry.

Eventually Clyda and I arrived back at the RV about 8:20 PM tired but glad for being with family all day. Samantha? She was awesome! Not a peep out of her until the last 15 or 20 minutes of the trip home but once she saw her daddy, she was fine, What a trouper!
Are we home? I'm tired.

Monday morning was again another early day as we had to have the RV at the glass shop in Lynden by 8 Am to have the broken window over the sink replaced. As soon as I pulled up the guy came out of the shop with the glass to check the size. Wonderful! He knocked out the old glass which I had taped on both sides, vacuumed up the pieces, cleaned the old caulking off, recaulked and put in the new glass. All done in 25 minutes. Oh, the new glass is darkened like the old glass and matches perfectly.

We left Lynden and drove to Coupeville at Anacortes to catch the ferry to Port Townsend. We had a 2 PM reservation but actually got on the 11AM ferry. Cost $86 but saves going through Seattle. I will pay that anytime to avoid driving through Seattle with the RV.

Close quarters on the Port Townsend ferry.

We arrived at Hoodsport about 1 AM and have a great view of the Hood Canal which is right in front of us. The drawback is that Hwy 101 is right behind us with a lot of daytime traffic however, it gets quite at night.We have no plans for our few days here.