Monday, October 13, 2008

Almost ready to go!

Location, At Home, CA

My arms are sore! I washed the trailer on Saturday and then started to wax it. I used Nu-Finish which is not a wax, at least that’s what it says on the bottle. I have been using it for years on my cars and it is supposed to be good for a year. The trailer does look good except on the side that gets sun on it. There the side feels smooth to the touch but is not as shiny as the other side. I really should put another coat of wax on that sun damaged side but may not have time tomorrow as I have a dentist appointment and Clyda has a doctor appointment. Also, I need to buy groceries for myself and to leave some here for Clyda and Craig.

I will be leaving around 9 AM Wednesday morning for Barstow, CA. There I will meet a couple of the guys for 2 days and then move on to our 4-wheel drive trip. I hope I have everything done by then. My checklist has a lot of checks on it so that is good. My meal plans are in good shape; at least I hope they are. I will have a chance to pick up groceries twice while on the trip.

I am doing computer backups right now. I do that every couple months. My backup hard drives are getting really full so I need to write some of the older files off to DVD’s for long term storage when I get back.

I don’t know if I will have any access to the internet while I am gone. Last year we did have access while in Death Valley for a short time. The person controlling the WI-Fi didn’t know what they were doing and cut people off but refused to look at his settings. It made everyone mad but he was too stubborn to change anything after he made his decision. I hope it is better this year.

If I don’t have Wi-Fi anywhere along the way it will be November 7th before I get back home. I am actually coming home early to attend my nieces wedding reception. Until next time.