Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Slow progress on my chores

Location, At Home, CA

It has been HOT here the last few days. I have been trying to finish the patio roof but it is just too hot to climb up there and work. I did manage to get all the tin pieces cut and installed but still need to caulk everything.

So, I have been doing some other things. I finished the drain around the shed and scrubbed the bugs off the front of the RV. I still need to wash and wax the rig if the weather permits.

Did I mention that it rained on Saturday? Not a lot, but it kept me from doing much outside.

I started to shred the tree cuttings the other day but the shredder wouldn’t cooperate. In fact it caught fire while I was using it. The pull starter wheel rubbed and set the plastic on fire which started the pull cord burning. I had to remove the shroud to put out the fire. All the pull cord mechanism burned up so I need a whole new shroud now.

I sent out the first draft of the food assignments for the desert trip today. I am sure someone will find a problem with it but that’s the way it goes.

I took the truck in for lube, oil, and filter today. They are keeping it overnight as they had to replace the transmission gasket as it was leaking.

Clyda has been venturing out with the wheelchair a couple times a day. She goes down the street just for something else to do. She uses her crutches more than the wheelchair now. She is allowed to put a maximum of 30 pounds on her foot while in the boot. That’s not much but it is a step in the right direction.