Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring is here but another winter storm is on the way.

Location, Home, CA

Today is my mothers 94th birthday. I called her this morning to wish her a happy birthday.

Yesterday was cleaning day in the RV. I dumped and flushed all the tanks while Clyda vacuumed the inside. The refer is all washed and cleaned as is the bathroom. I think it is ready for another trip. Well, not real soon anyway.

Of course the yard needs a lot of work as the weeds are big right now. I have been picking asparagus also. The orange tree is in bloom but we still have a few oranges left from the winter. They are nice and sweet so we will pick and eat them soon.

There are still a few cymbidiums in bloom also.

We had our taxes done today. They are way too complicated for us so we have a professional do them. Also, I am of that age when I need to start drawing from my IRA. I will take the minimum amount I am required to take. It will be nice to get but then again, I will be required to pay taxes on it. A catch-22 if ever there was one.

It is supposed to rain for the next few days. They are calling it a “winter storm” even though we are into spring here. It has been really nice the last 2 days.