Monday, June 2, 2014

Getting ready to travel.



Location, At home, CA

I am still slowly getting ready to travel.

All of the major jobs are done on the RV and truck. The truck was in twice within the last 2 weeks. First it was in for regular oil change service but they found that the rear brakes were very thin and recommended that I bring it in for those to be replaced as well as radiator and power steering service.

In checking the service records, which I have on-line, I found that the rear brakes had never been replaced in 108,000 miles. The front brakes were done at 62,000 miles. I guess it is time then.

When I picked up the truck the service writer told me that the rear brakes were paper thin. Thank goodness they recommended that they be replaced or I would have found myself in a real pickle on some big downhill grade while we are on our trip.

Speaking of THE TRIP, we are now scheduled to leave on Sunday. We have pushed the departure date back a few days for various reasons. We will still arrive in Lynden, WA on Tuesday June 17 but will have fewer layover days on the trip.

This morning I installed my new Tire Traker pressure monitors on the RV. It took me a couple of tries to get them right but I hope they help prevent any blowouts by giving me a warning of potential trouble.