Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Academy Award movie

Location, Houston, TX

Sunday afternoon the grandkids went to the neighbors while we went to a movie. We saw “Slumdog Millionaire” the movie that won this year’s academy award for best picture. It was a good movie but not outstanding. The shots of slums in India were mind boggling however.

After the movie the neighbors brought all the kids (3) with them and met us at “Mambo” a Mexican seafood restaurant for dinner. Clyda and I shared a “Family Platter” which had salad, rice, and several kinds of seafood and was enough for both of us with leftovers for lunch the next day. Very Good!!!!!

Yesterday morning I had the oil changed in the truck and later we shopped for groceries.

Clyda worked on her next quilting project most of today while I played on the computer. I finally hooked up the digital TV converter to the bedroom TV. Boy, do I get digital channels and are they clear. I didn’t even rotate the antenna from where it was set. What an improvement over analog TV.

Later we went over to the house for dinner and games.