Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's cold!

Location, Houston, TX

Baby, its cold outside!!!!!! It was 34 degrees at 7:30 this morning with a wind chill somewhere in the mid twenties. That’s a far cry from the 80 degree days this week.

I’ve lost track of days this week. Friday night was a birthday party for Ivy with her friends. There were twelve girls in all and the party was at a Laser tag place. A room was provided for the pizza and cake. The girls played Laser tag twice. They wear jackets with tag devices, batteries, and a computer which keeps score. All scores are printed out for review. The computer tracks hits, number of times you score, number of times you are hit and the number of times you pull the trigger. It is very sophisticated.

After the party Ivy was surprised when told all her friends were spending the night at her house for a sleepover. It had been a complete surprise to her. I find it hard to believe that all those girls could keep a secret that long. We came back to the RV when all the girls were in their sleeping bags and watching a movie.

Saturday morning Ivy and some of the girls had a 9:15 AM soccer match. It was very cold and windy but they won 1-0. My sciatica acted up this morning and my right leg was almost useless. It was very painful all day.

I lost the charger to my camera battery. I have no idea where it is. Usually I store it in my PC bag but guess I didn’t the last time I used it. I went to Wolf Camera near here hoping they would have something that would work. They had a combination charger for $30 which did the trick. So, the batteries are charged again and I am back in business.

We did spend most of the day at the house and ended up playing games before we came home last night.