Saturday, January 16, 2010

Projects done, RV loaded, ready to go!!

Location, Home, CA

We have had a very busy week trying to get ready to go and also finish last minute projects. I got a coat of primer on the new front door jam so it is now protected from the elements (more on the elements later).

I have been scanning old 35 mm slides into jpeg files. The scanner saga is another story but really too long to go into here. I think I have finally gotten something that will work so I will take the old Dell laptop and the scanner with us on this trip. Maybe I can get some of the thousands of slides that were stored on a closet shelf scanned.

The shed door is done. Here are some photos of it.

Frame for the Bi-fold door. 


  Finished door closed.                             
        

Door opened.


I mentioned in the last post that I had airline tickets on hold. They are no longer on hold as I purchased them on Thursday and reserved a motel room on Friday. We should be all set as far as the travel section of our cruise this spring is concerned. We still need to decide what tours we will go on but that can wait a while.

We have almost everything loaded in the RV except for the refrigerator stuff which is kind of last minute anyway.

Now for the elements I mentioned earlier. The weather forecast is projected to be RAINY for most of next week. They are projecting 3-6 inches along the coast and a potential of up to 20 inches on certain South facing mountain slopes. The possibility of mudslides is very large. I think we will get away from here tomorrow before it rains, at least I hope we do. I have no desire to drive in the rain.

We will be with out internet for some time unless we can piggy back on to someone’s WiFi. Always a possibility in Quartzsite.

See you down the road.