Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ankle progress.

Location, Home, CA

Clyda had a doctor’s appointment this morning. They removed the soft cast so we got a look at her stitches. She has quit a few on both sides of her ankle. She also has a few arthroscopic holes where the doctor checked her ankle. He said he removed all but one screw and actually grafted a piece of bone from her ankle to the bone which wasn’t healing right. His usual comment is “it looks good” and that’s what he said today.

She is to wear the “black boot” she had for the original surgery. Unfortunately we can not find the “boot” and assume we gave it to Goodwill. A friend of Clyda’s has one so all is not lost. A new boot cost $245 and the insurance won’t pay for it.

I have only been doing small things around the yard this past week. I modified the extension tray on my BBQ so that it makes a larger tray to the side of the BBQ. As it was originally intended, the tray came out to the front and was a pain to work around. Now I have more space to set things on while I BBQ.

Tomorrow I have several errands to run as well as a short grocery trip to do.