Saturday, April 28, 2007

Death Valley Reservations

Location, Home in CA

It was sunny and warm today with high fog late in the afternoon. I got up early this morning to make my reservations for Death Valley for late October. Today is 6 months to the day from when I want to camp at Furnace Creek. It is always a stressful time wondering if I will get the reservation or something will be wrong so I can’t make the reservation. That has happened several times in the past. Usually it is because Death Valley hasn’t given the reservation service a list of what campsites will be available for those dates. We have even resorted to calling our local Congress women to get that resolved.
Not so today. It all worked perfectly over the internet. I had pre-registered at www.recreation.gov a few days ago so this mornings reservation only took about 5 minutes to complete. All of the rest of the group that will be camping together got their sites also.


Today’s photo is a cactus blooming on our patio. I don’t think I have ever seen this one bloom before.