Sunday, April 22, 2007

Berries are in bloom

Location: Home in CA

This is the start of what I hope is a daily journal of our doings and travels. We are at home for the near term but plan to be "on the road" come mid June. I have been working on a few chores around the house and in the trailer. Today I pruned all of the boysenberries so I don't need to get down on my knees to pick them when they ripen. I do this by removing all of the lower side branches from the main vines and all suckers. Later in the season I will let the suckers grow and these will become the new vines for next year. Right now the bloom has just started. We are supposed to get rain tonight and Sunday and I hope it won't hurt the blossoms. There are a lot of bees working now so that is good for pollination.

In the trailer I added some cup hooks for keys under the magazine rack. It is near the entry door so will be handy to just reach in and grab which ever keys I need. I keep spare sets there for the trailer and truck.