Friday, April 27, 2007

Internet Aircard

Location: Home in CA

After my usual 1 hour morning walk, I put down the bark I purchased yesterday. It makes the front flower beds look nice.

I have been investigating an internet “air card” from Verizon to use with my laptop while on the road. The Verizon store wants $179 for the card plus $59.99 a month for the service. On the internet I found the card for free plus the monthly fee. I checked with Comp USA and Costco also but they don’t carry the card. If I bought the card and dropped my DSL service, it might be ok but it is still pricey. There is still some doubt as to how good that air card service really is. I have a friend who is using the it exclusively as their internet port as they only had a real slow dial up line. I just talked to her and she said there have been no problems using the card, even while traveling down the road. I think I will wait for a while on this however because of the cost. I won’t be able to update on a daily basis while on the road this summer which is a bummer. I actually write the daily blog in Microsoft Word and then copy it to Blogger.


Today’s picture is of one of the Hybrid Iris’s from Clyda’s garden. They really are pretty right now.