Friday, June 8, 2007

New generators

Location, Home in CA

In the blog dated May 14th I discussed the pros and cons of Honda Generators. A few days later in my blog I wrote about my decision to go with 2 Honda EU2000 generators as my choice. Of course I did nothing about it for some time. There was no urgency to do anything and I think “sleeping on my decision” helps to solidify my thinking. I did finally order the 2 Honda EU2000’s and they arrived by FedEx last night about 8 PM. I opened the boxes this morning but need to get some 10W30 oil before I can fire them up.

I spent part of the day removing things from the trailer that we won’t need this summer and adding things we will need. I also spent a large amount of time planning part of our trip through Canada. I really wish we had more time to spend on parts of the trip but circumstances are such that we need to be in certain places at a certain time. Maybe someday we will get to the point when we can just “mosey” along at our own pace. That isn’t to say that we will be on a tight schedule the whole summer as we do have lazy time built in.

One real concern is the cost of camping. We are very capable of dry camping to cut down the cost but the weather will dictate to a large extent how much of that we can do. If it is very warm, then we need AC which means paying more to camp. Last summer we averaged les than $17 day for camping fees. I suspect it will be higher this year.