Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Packing wheel bearings

Location, Home in CA

I have had a lot of calls for the generator but most people want to know if I am a dealer and do I have the Honda 2000 in stock. A few are interested but they want to low ball the price. Come on folks, it’s a small generator for back up purposes. Do your home work!

Today I accomplished the largest project on my to-do list and that was to repack the trailer wheel bearings. Jacking up a 13,000 lb trailer one side at a time and wrestling 16 inch tires is not my idea of fun, to say nothing about the dirty brake dust and wheel bearing grease. Fortunately my No 2 son has some of the special tools which help with the job. My next door neighbor also had some helpful ideas which made it easier.

I did one side before lunch and the second side after. The second side did go much faster. I set all of the lug nuts with a torque wrench to the recommended setting. Now I need to remember to recheck them after 50 miles of driving.