Friday, June 1, 2007

I Madonnari

Location, Home in CA

This morning was an “up and at em” day. I had errands to run at Home Depot for potting soil, the grocery store for seafood, and Big Box for staple items such as paper products. My list was very long as was the bill at checkout. Most of the items will go with us on our trip this summer.

After unloading all of that, I had my neighbor cut two pieces of aluminum angle to use with my solar panel project. I am adding a 50 watt panel to the existing 125 watt panel already installed. That will be tomorrows project.

We were invited by good friends to eat lunch out and to see the I Madonnari chalk paintings at the Mission Santa Barbara. We lunched at Mulligan’s at the Community Golf Course. It was too cold to eat outside as we usually do when we have breakfast there so today we dined in. I had the Chinese Chicken Salad. They have really good food.

After lunch we drove to the Mission and checked out all of the chalk drawings on the blacktop. I Madonnari has been a staple holiday tradition at the Mission for years. The paintings last for months if there is no rain and can be viewed at any time. I am sorry for no photos but I forgot the camera.