Thursday, May 31, 2007

Loooong weekend is over

Location, Home in CA

We are home after a long weekend in the Bay Area. We used Tuesday as a rest day. Our host took the day off from work and the ladies went to a movie while I read and played on the computer.

On Wednesday we were in no hurry to leave so stopped for a nice breakfast at a nearby Black Bear Diner. These folks know how to load up a plate to make you say Wow!!! It is a really down home kind of place to eat. We arrived in Paso Robles in mid afternoon in time to meet the Amtrak train at the station and pick up our friend from Portland who was coming to Paso to visit. An afternoon of conversation and we were ready to eat having missed lunch after that big breakfast. The choice was the local Chinese buffet which puts out a lot of good food. Then it was time to say good bye as we will see all of these folks in the fall. We arrived home around 9:30 PM.

Today was a catch-up day with various things that needed taking care of. I made camping reservations for Lynden, WA for 3 weeks in July while we visit the wife’s sister and family. I also worked on more of our planned route from Wisconsin to Houston, TX. I had a, what I hope, is a minor problem with the laptop when I turned it on this morning. I got a blue screen and a warning about a bad driver. I finally tracked it down to the external WiFi card. After reloading the software and rebooting the router, it all seems to work fine. At least let’s hope it is fine.