Monday, May 21, 2007

Cutting into the to-do list

Location, Home in CA

I spent the greater part of the day at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) today. I needed to get the titles to 3 vehicles changed. It’s a good thing the DMV is convenient to my house as it took three trips to get all the paper work correct. I just didn’t think it would take most of the day. However, it is done.

My to-do list is getting shorter as I knocked out a few more with phone calls. We are planning to drive though Canada this summer so I called my car insurance company to see if anything special was needed. They will send me a Canadian identity card to carry along showing proof of insurance.

I rescheduled my annual treadmill for later this year. I tell the Doctor that it “keeps me honest” as far as weight and exercise go. I would hate to take one and fail. It is heck getting old but then the alternative is worse.

I started trimming bushes in the front yard. They are past blooming for now and had gotten real rangy. I will trim the hedge between us and the neighbors tomorrow.