Thursday, May 24, 2007

Off for the weekend

Location, Home in CA

Well, my to-do list is getting shorter! Today after having breakfast with two friends, one of who is leaving Saturday to spend the summer in Colorado, I finished trimming some bushes in the back yard and some trees that hang way over my back fence. Then it was time to get out the chipper/shredder and put it to use. I decided that the chipper blade needed to be sharpened before I started. It is not an easy job to get at the bolts holding the chipper blade. With one hand on the inside of the machine and one outside and a wrench in each hand, my arms are just long enough to do the job.

Shredding under the best of conditions is a dirty job especially if the material is dry. It gets beat to a fine dusty powder by the flails and further reduced by the screen through which all material passes. Thankfully, it is done for at least 6 months.

On another note, we are leaving for the San Francisco Bay area for the long Memorial Day weekend to visit friends. These special friends at one time lived on our street.

I plan to take the laptop with me and update this blog while gone. No promises however on how often I will update.