Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Off to Visitadores

Location, Home in CA
Wheew!! A busy day today. After my walk and breakfast I picked up the groceries I need to feed two of us at Ranchero Visitadores until we get our food allotment on Friday. After lunch I drove over the mountain to the location where we will park the trailers for 10 days and mowed the grass. The temperature was a balmy 79 degrees with a breeze. Wonderful!!! I hope it stays that way for 10 days. There were no cows in the pasture so that meant no cow pies to pick up. That’s a relief, as most years I spend an hour doing that after I get there. I took about an hour to mow everything. Because we have had little rain this year, the grass is very short so I mostly knocked the tops off.

I got back about 3:30 and then loaded the truck with ice chests, BBQ’s, propane tanks, full 5 gallon water bottles and all the other stuff I bring to make it a livable place for 10 days. The last of the fresh food from the house refrigerator is loaded so now it is just last minute things to check. I do use a check list and have had one for many years. It really helps to remind me what to take. I am a believer in check lists.

Because I will be dry camping and no question of internet service, there will be no post to this journal until May 11. I may keep a few notes and hit the high lights of the 10 days in my next blog. Besides, I will be way too busy to even think about writing. Until then.