Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Decision made on generators

Location, Home in CA

A very cool overcast day until late this afternoon when the sun managed to cut through the haze.

Today was “finish cleaning the trailer Day”. I moved some of the remaining supplies, laundry, cloths, etc into the house and Clyda vacuumed the floor. I removed the screws holding the dinning room table to the floor in the trailer in anticipation of storing a folding dining table next to it for the trip to Lynden, WA in June. The table had belonged to Clyda’s mother and we are delivering it to her sister in Lynden along with the extra leaves (5) and several pads which make up the super long table. This table is only 20 inches deep but expands to hold 12 people for dinner.

Yesterday’s blog ended with a discussion of Honda 2000 vs 3000 generators. My neighbor has a Honda 2000 so today I put it into my storage space under the fifth wheel hitch to check for fit. Just barely, but it does fit.

The next test was to see if it would run my microwave. Again, no problem. I think that fairly well convinces me that 2 Honda 2000’s will do the job. Now to see what kind of a deal I can get over the internet.