Saturday, May 19, 2007

Another productive day

Location, Home in CA

I wanted to make a major effort on 2 of the baskets I have been working on. One I started in class last week and I wanted to finish it to show next week in class. The other one was started by someone else in the class several years ago then abandoned. The instructor gave it to me thinking I might like to finish it. I have had some real problems with it.
I had decided to finish the first one with tule as I explained in yesterday's blog. It worked well but required a lot of soaking to make it pliable. Maybe I will get a picture of it tomorrow.

I trimmed the suckers off the boysenberries this morning. It looks like I may need to pick a few ripe berries tomorrow. I also noticed that the apricot tree has few fruit again this year. I think I should cut it down and plant something else in that spot. The tree is about 35 years old. The Santa Rosa plum tree has some fruit but not as good as some years. However, the Satsuma plum makes up for it. It is really loaded. Of course, any good wind will drop a lot of that fruit.

Also working on the summer trip plan.