Monday, May 14, 2007

Big wash job!

Location, Home in CA
Wheeeew! Washing the trailer is a big job! I drove up to Lake Cachuma RV Park this morning and picked up the trailer. It is about 50 miles round trip from here. Traffic wasn’t too bad so the trip over the pass was not too worrisome. I parked in the street and after lunch started washing by opening the awning and giving it a good scrub. By the time I was done it was 3 PM. I parked the rig beside the house and emptied the refrigerator. That is enough for today.

I have been researching Honda generators on-line. I had two Honda EU1000i units but one of them stopped working. The local Honda service center found a bad stator. The service charge plus the new part would have cost as much as a new generator so I sold it to the mechanic to use as parts for the cost of the service charge.

I thought I would like to get a Honda EU3000i but after looking at some web sites, I think 2-EU2000i units might work better for me. The EU3000i weighs 145 lbs fully fueled which is too heavy to normally lift. Also, it would need to be mounted in the back of my pickup which means I would need to use an extension on my electrical cord to reach the truck from the back of the trailer. The EU2000i units are easy to lift and carry.


At present, I stored the EU1000i units in my sealed generator box under the fifth wheel hitch. I believe the EU2000i’s would fit there also. It looks like a no brainer for two EU2000i.