Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Steak for dinner

Location, Home in CA

The sun is shinning but I can hear the foghorns so it must be foggy along the coast. I have never checked to see how close to the beach we actually are but my guess is about a mile as the crow fly’s. We often hear seals when it is quiet at night and we do hear the oil service boats also at night as they make their way up the channel to the oil platforms.

We just had dinner at the local beach restaurant. I had won a gift certificate as a door prize at my company Christmas lunch in December. We decided we should use it before we left. We had a really good meal. Mine was a small sirloin done to perfection while Clyda had salmon.

Starting this weekend, every hotel and restaurant in town will be filled because of graduation at the University. It is a hectic few days as thousands of grads and families come in for the ceremonies. This is a good weekend to leave town.

I picked 7 1/2 boxes of boysenberries today. That may be the biggest picking this season. I will pick twice more before we leave. I rinse and drain the berries and freeze them on cookie sheets then bag them in gallon size freezer bags. Clyda makes cobblers or when we have plenty she makes jam and syrup. Most of this we give away as gifts. Everyone likes something home made.