Thursday, August 2, 2007

Dorchester, WI

Location, Dorchester, WI

It was really hot and muggy yesterday but did cool off overnight and was pleasant this morning. We drove south out of Superior on Hwy 53 to Rice Lake, the east on Hwy 8 to Prentice before turning south to Dorchester.

We arrived about 1 PM at the Dorchester Camping Park and wonder of wonders, parked in the same campsite as we did last year. While we were setting up we were visited by my cousin’s wife Carol who I have been corresponding with for a few years. She had driven from Ohio for the family reunion on Saturday and was passing by so stopped to visit. It was really good to catch up on family.

We drove up to see my folks in Medford and to do a load of laundry. We will take them out for fish tomorrow evening.

Medford courthouse.

It is really dry here and the lawns are in need of rain. Lack of rain was evident as we traveled east from Minnesota. It is supposed to be nice until late Saturday when rain is expected.

I don’t know how often I will post this blog while here as I need to go to the Dorchester library to use their internet. Time will tell. I need to look around Dorchester to see if anyone has Wi-fi available. It would sure help. For now I am writting the blog in Microsoft Word and storing it and any pictures on a thumb drive which I take to the library and upload. We will see how this works.

For the next week we will be in Dorchester but then may spend the following week at my sisters farm east of Wausau. Time will tell.