Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Location, Superior, WI

I posted some pictures with yesterday’s blog.

We had a leisurely drive to Superior, WI this morning. We were at the Nemadji Trailer Park by noon. I thought we would be near the lake but actually we are about a block south. It should be cooler here but is not. The warm weather and humidity continues to follow us east.

I hope the library has Wi-fi so I can post this today. Wi-fi in Wisconsin is a foreign word. Last year when I asked about it at the library I got a blank look. I hope things have changed this year.

Clyda spotted a Culver’s on the way to the campground so we need to check it out as part of our “leave no Dairy Queen or Culver’s untasted”. I should explain that I guess. Last year while in Michigan with Budd and Brenda, we started a tradition of stopping at Dairy Queen when we had a chance. The goal also was to find real soft custard which Culver’s serves. We didn’t find custard in Wisconsin but happened to find one in Minnesota on our way west. Budd and Brenda also found some in southern Minnesota on their way west. I now judge every town we pass through as a good place if it has a Dairy Queen. Most towns on Trans Canada 1 have Dairy Queens. We did frequent a few on our trip and I love Blizzard’s but in my defense, I order a small.

Yes, Superior has a Culver’s and it is good!!!!!! Actually, way too good. Next time I will stick to a small instead of a medium. It is a good thing Medford doesn’t have a Dairy Queen.


We drove out to Superior Head which is a sea shore area where the deep water ships come into the port of Duluth. Clyda got a nice picture of the old light house.